Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fortune Cookie Soap 2014 Fall Soap Box

Ok I still suck balls at posting regularly, but tonight, since I cannot log onto my math to finish that up, I figured I would get some ready to go! =]

I've always heard about Fortune Cookie Soap from other bloggers and have been interested in their [I think] quarterly Soap Boxes, so I finally gave in and signed up. I'm extremely impressed!

This box was for Fall '14 and the collection is called Witch Please! so it is Wicked/Wizard of Oz themed. Super cute!!!


 So this is what my box had in it. Along with the green paper shreds, there was black dot glitter and black witch glitters!


First off, there's this little jar of Whipped Cream. The scent I received was BFF's. I wasn't hoping for this one, but it smells pretty good. The guide that came with this box says the scent is blueberries and pumpkin. It definitely smells like a crazy blueberry pumpkin muffin [and like Bath & Body Works blueberry pumpkin scents]. This stuff is pretty thick and rich, so I am saving it for when the weather gets colder and crisp. I'm sure this has great moisturizing power. 


 Second is this OCD Hand Sanitizer in the scent Roy G Biv, which is a name I love [go art nerds!]. It smells really great for a hand sanitizer. I only like using scented ones because I can't stand the alcohol smell. My guide has a pretty cute description for this scent: "A full spectrum of bright citrus notes and florals against a cool fall background. Dusky breezes and bonfires, wind-blown leaves and charred woods brightened by notes of lemon, mandarin, cotton blossom and soft vanilla." Ha! Pretty spot on I suppose. ;]
This is a Personal Space Air Freshener in the scent Flying Monkeys. This stuff, I use like Febreze however it doesn't last very long. The scent is described as a "breezy blend of peach, watermelon, neroli, jasmine and banana." I like it though even if it doesn't last long... I definitely like to keep it in the bathroom when we have company. 

The baggie has Bubble Bath Powder in the scent Miss Popular, which is honey nectar, star anise, star jasmine, orange and violet. I like it and I have yet to use it, but I'm sure I'll love it. 

The teeeeeeeensy tiniest little bottle I've ever seen contains Perfume Oil in The Shiz. The scent is balsam, new dawn blossom, laurel and sweet clove. This is an odd scent, and it definitely is earthy, but I REALLY like it. It's very very different from what I usually wear and the scent lasts for a long time. I like to dot this on my wrists and behind my ear or on the back of my neck. It just smells like fall. Love it. 

On the left is the Hair Oil in Hair Flip. This hair oil is very nice and the scent actually pairs nicely with the Perfume Oil. The scent is hazelnut and vanilla. I only use this on the ends of my hair as of lately, but I can see myself maybe using it overnight at some point.  

On the right is the Walnut Facial Scrub in Swankified. Swankified is described as banana, cake batter and walnuts. I really like this stuff. It's nice and creamy and the walnut bits aren't as rough as I thought they'd be. I also expected this to leave a greasy residue on my skin after I washed my face, but it didn't. It definitely smells like banana bread or just baked goods in general. 

Finally, we have the Fortune Cookie Soap in There's No Place Like Home. This thing smells incredible. It's apples, cinnamon, allspice and clove. I love any apple cinnamon scent, so this was used straight away and is already gone. To be honest, I used this as a body soap and not a hand soap as I hate using bar soap for hand washing. This did leave glitter in the suds and sometimes on my body but I don't care. There's so much glitter littering my house, Kesha would probably love it. 


Overall I'm super happy with this box and happy that these samples last a while. I'm definitely looking at what is left of the collection and purchasing full sizes of my favorite scents and looking at new stuff to try!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment