Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ipsy August '14

Eek late with this post but whatever.

August's ipsy bag was not a dud but it wasn't the greatest in my opinion. It just kinda was a bag of samples.


So, first off the bag isn't ugly. But I definitely would not have picked it haha. However I think I'll use it for a pencil case for school.

See? the bag is just not me. I did get a can of Klorane Dry Shampoo with oat milk. Honestly, I have yet to try this as I've got like 3 dry shampoos open right now, but I may stick this in my gym bag or bring it with me next time we go out of town just for its convenient size. 

The lip balm is Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner. The scent is mandarin green orange ginger. It smells nice and is moisturizing. A little slippery, but I just keep it around to use it. It's a nice summery scent/flavor compared to my usual minty balms. 

I also received Dr. Brandt Pores No More primer. I still haven't tried this but I probably will like it. I love Dr. Brandt products like the BB creams, but I have a ton of primers open and ready to be finished, so this will have to wait. I know, this post is super informative. ha

So, I was super excited to see this mascara in my bag! I LOVE Urban Decay and actually had bought the 2 pack of this Perversion mascara + Subversion primer but had yet to open it; I hate hate hate opening mascaras before I intend to use them. Since I had finished a few mascaras, I opened this sample size and I love it. It really is super intense black and very creamy. However, that creaminess doesn't help my lashes look super long and full of volume. I have to use 2-3 layers of this stuff to achieve that. I don't mind though. I like that the brush isn't anything crazy, either. 

 The eyeshadow I got ended up being the star of this bag, for me. It's J. Cat Beauty Flying Solo Eyeshadow in Half Naked. This was a bit hard to photograph, but it looked like a muted version of the orange polka dots on the bag with a real pearly/opalescent, pinky, yellow, sometimes green finish. I thought I would hate it, but I swatched it on my hand and was excited. I can't wait to depot this and put it in a Z Palette because this will be so useful in various ways. In some light, it does look like this orange, but then when the lighting or angle shifts, it looks like a champagne shimmery shadow or even a high lighter. Now, I don' know if I'll use this as a cheek or face highlight, but I will try this as an inner corner highlight and also to try topping other eyeshadows to change the finish.

Natural Light

Flash 

So, yuuuuup. Overall an okay bag. I'm resisting temptation in peeking into my Glam Room online to see what September's bag has to offer, but judging by the look of the bag itself? I think I'll love September's bag. 

Being Minnesotan... GO SEAHAWKS. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment