Thursday, March 31, 2016

March empties!

Well I'm a POS for not blogging all break until now... just a few days before I go back to school. Hopefully for my last quarter but if I can't find an internship, I'm a little fucked.

Anywho, here's the crap I've used up this month. This year I'm saving my makeup empties to see how much I actually use in a year..

Still working on getting a youtube channel up and going, let's hope I have the balls to publish anything soon!



So, as always, cotton rounds. They're my fave. I pretty much just buy any brand of them as long as they come in a 3 pack or something. Also I'm throwing away this Secret deodorant, which smells amazing, but after a couple of days, I noticed my pits were itchy and even flaking. So no thanks. 
This Crest 3D White Luxe toothpaste was good, I'd repurchase. I used this before while getting ready for my wedding and I think it whitens but doesn't leave me sensitive. A Bath & Body Works hand soap in A Walk in the Woods. It's kind of a heavy scent, but I ended up loving it! 
And finally, I have used up a whole Fortune Cookie Soap hand sanitizer in Polyjuice Potion. Honesty this is the first one I've ever used up because I get so many in the soap boxes and from various orders. This one smells amazing. AND IT GLOWS IN THE DARK. AND IT HAS GLITTER. AND IT'S FROM A HARRY POTTER COLLECTION. It just was made for me. This scent from FCS is amazing... I used to have this stupid body glitter spray from I think, Old Navy, that was kinda pineapple-ey and I had that when I was in middle school and I love the scent. It's so nostalgic for me.  FCS says the scent is a mix of orange, grapefruit, strawberries, melon, peaches and kiwi and a touch of sugar. I still say pineapple, but if they just don't want to admit that, it's okay. Hahaha Definitely a repurchase... actually, I think I'm going to just place an order with them tonight from the Polyjuice Potion collection. Seriously it's amazing. 


So oddly I'm slowing down on the candle front, but whatever. I used a Bath & Body Works Wallflower in some scent I can't remember. I never save the tags. I usually just buy spa like scents or anything fall and pumpkin oriented. Also from B&BW, this candle in Thankful which is chestnut and clove. Smelled super good. Very Autumn. I'd buy again. OOH and then, this candle which was way too overpriced but I have it because I registered for it for our wedding at Macy's. Illume Talisman Tin Metallic Candle in Chanterelle Moss. I guessed on the scent because I love the jar. It smelled amazing. And surprisingly burned pretty decent. It looks like there's a lot more left than there is. I'm definitely cleaning this one out and using it for something pretty in our new apartment. 


I have been super obsessed with sheet masks. I get the Mask Maven subscription every month which is just awesome and full of crazy sheet masks. I'm not gonna go over all of these, but all of these minus the Gold Radiance Mask came from that subscription service. The Gold Radiance Mask sucked balls. It was from a Fab Fit Fun box I believe and it came with 2 masks. It was one of those jelly sheets and it sucked big ol balls. That's all. 
That little Blueberry Mask Pod was awesome. Very calming and smelled amazing. I got 2 or 3 uses out of it. The Honey Essence Mask was good, obviously smelled like honey which I hate but it made my skin feel great. The Lotus one was my most recent one and it also smelled wonderful and made me look nice and hydrated. I also really enjoyed the Charcoal Collagen Essence Mask; anything charcoal I pretty much like because I know it's supposed to be great for acne prone/oily skin. 


AH this Victoria's Secret Smoothing Scrub Wash smelled amazing. It's in the Shea scent. This is a fuck yeah repurchase. Maybe not this scrub wash because it didn't really scrub anything, but this scent is just.... amazing. I have the body oil and the lotion and I need more. It's so light but noticeable. I found it because I was at my mom's house spending the night and I took a shower and just used whatever lotion she had around and it was in this scent and I was immediately in love. 
I got this Macadamia Professional Dry Shampoo in a Birch Box I believe and it was okay. Smelled nice, worked well, I think if I ever see it at Marshalls or something, I'll buy it. 
Ugh, and the star of these empties. Elizabeth & James Nirvana White Dry Shampoo. Holy shit, this is the best dry shampoo I've ever used. No joke. The scent lingers in your hair for days and I usually only need to use this once and I'm good for another 2 - 4 days. And it just adds this gorgeous volume to your hair. I bought this travel size just to try out and now that the Sephora sale is just around the corner, I'm getting the full size. It's expensive but I love using it especially for date nights or more "special" nights/days when I'm not sitting around the house watching Bates Motel. 


These Baby Tender Baby Wipes suck so bad I couldn't even finish the pack. I like using wipes to clean my fingers while I do my makeup in the morning and then to clean around my sink. These just super sucked. These Hand & Face Wipes from Essential Everyday were good though. I will just repurchase any wipes like these at the store. Not worth saving the money on $1 baby wipes. 


OK.... the Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night sucked. It was nice and thick, but just felt wrong on my face. Like, made my skin crawl, even kinda burn and made me break out. I just needed to get it off of my face whenever I would put it on. Same with the Supergoop Setting Spray. I had high hopes for this sample, because I'd like to find a nice setting spray with SPF for the spring and summer.. but nope. This stung and felt like I had sprayed heavy duty mosquito spray on my face. 
I used up my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light Plus. It was a tad too dark for me in the winter, but I just wanted to use it up, so I would focus it on the perimeter of my face. I used up the Make Up For Ever Step 1 Smoothing Primer. I liked this when I first bought it, but as I used it up, I don't like it so much. I'd buy it in a pinch though if nothing else was available. I used a Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara sample. I like it, but I don't know if I'd ever buy a full size. I wanted to love the Lancome Grandiose mascara. I LOVE the wand. Love the curve and it made it so easy to get every little lash but I just didn't like the formula. And finally, an Urban Decay Brow Tamer in Clear. This is my new go to for brow mascara. I love the wand. And I've already repurchased.


Whew, I don't know why I felt so chatty this time, but I hope you made it through.

On to April, moving and graduation! [with hopefully an internship thrown in]

No comments:

Post a Comment